Type Error for cordova-custom-config plugin

Hi,
I’m getting the following error while building app for the Android platform.
“TypeError: Cannot read property ‘reject’ of undefined
at module.exports (/lipMobApp-Monaca/plugins/cordova-custom-config/hooks/applyCustomConfig.js:1159:18”
Kindly help.
Thanks.

Interesting problem!

Digging into it, this is a known issue with the cordova-custom-config plugin.

It was fixed in version 5.1 of the plugin.

However, in your log, it looks like your project is attempting to load version 5.0.2 of the control:

Installing "cordova-plugin-paystack" for android
Dependencies detected, iterating through them...
Requesting plugin "cordova-custom-config@5.0.2".

So the real problem is with cordova-plugin-paystack loading an obsolete version of the cordova-custom-config plugin.

You’ll need to contact the author of cordova-plugin-paystack and get him to fix his plugin.

Also, I’m guessing from the ‘Monaca’ reference that you’ve built this project using Monaca in the past. Both PhoneGap and Monaca fell badly out of date and were using old versions of libraries. PhoneGap has given up and won’t have any more updates - I’m not sure how Monaca stands on this.

VoltBuilder always uses the latest libraries and tools. It’s important to do so, otherwise apps will not get accepted by Google Play or iTunes.

Oh I see,
I’ll try and see if I can reach the paystack plugin author.
Thanks.

Hi,

I decided to install the cordova-custom-config plugin ahead of the paystack plugin and it seems to work.

However, I am getting a new error :

" FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:app:processDebugResources’.

A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
Android resource linking failed".

I’ll really will appreciate your help.

Thanks

Does it build OK if you leave the paystack plugin out?

I only tried replacing it with another plugin but I’m told the new one needs approval so I’m waiting.

Thanks again

It’s been approved.