Error during build

Hi

Having navigated through numerous config.xml and certificate errors, my build has finally failed with an error I don’t understand:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
This project built quite happily under Phonegap Build until summer 2020

I think the problem may lie in com.phonegap.plugins.barcodescanner.

It hasn’t been updated in 3 years. Furthermore, its GitHub repo has been deleted, which tells me it is no longer supported.

Is there another barcode scanner you could use?

Thanks for the prompt response. I was hoping for a quick and dirty build using the existing bar code scanner just to prove the principle of VoltBuilder, but it seems I can’t avoid the step of changing bar code readers. The bar code reading isn’t fundamental to the app, so I might just comment it out temporarily just to get a build to succeed, then look into the various bar code scanners available and what code changes are needed.

Hi again

My app has built successfully with the bar code reader code commented out, so evidently there is a problem with this old bar code reader plugin as you suspected. I’ll look into the coding requirements of the other bar code readers in your approved list and substitute one of them. Guess this means you need to remove the old plugin from your list again - sorry for the wasted work.

Once again, thanks for your help, very impressed with Voltbuilder and your support

Regards
Brian Preece

OK, we’ll move com.phonegap.plugins.barcodescanner to the Red List.