Can't generate iOS build using VoltBuilder

Hi Team,

I am uploading my zip file into IOS (drag and drop) but it’s still generating only an Android APK file, not an IPA file.

I am a user of the Pro plan, please check and give a proper solution.

Thanks
Niranjan Barik

You need to adjust your voltbuilder.json, like:

{
    "androidAlias": "key0",
    "androidAliasPassword": "mypassword",
    "androidKeystore": "certificates/android.keystore",
    "androidKeystorePassword": "mypassword",
    "googlePlayKey": "certificates/google.json",
    "googlePlayTrack": "production",
    "iosDevP12": "certificates/ios_development.p12",
    "iosDevP12Password": "mypassword",
    "iosDevelopment": "certificates/development.mobileprovision",
    "iosDistP12": "certificates/ios_distribution.p12",
    "iosDistP12Password": "mypassword",
    "iosDistribution": "certificates/distribution.mobileprovision",
    "iosPackageType": "app-store",
    "itunesAccount": "somebody@somecompany.com",
    "itunesAppPassword": "wxyz-ymul-hbqn-xxxx",
    "platform": "ios",
    "release": "debug"
}

Read: How to set up your project | VoltBuilder

Hi Ded,

I’m getting the following error. Please help me.
Failed UserError: iOS Development .p12 not found. Put it in your certificates folder. iOS Development mobileprovision not found. Put it in your certificates folder.

You did not generate the certificates. Read and execute the tutorial Volt:

You can generate the certificates using your itunes account and voltsigner

All this messages are normal if your config.xml and voltbuilder.json are not correct.

I got your PM.

If you’re still having problems, could you update this thread with the results of your latest build?

UserError: Source path does not exist: nsb/images/192.png Is your resource folder inside your www folder?

UserError: error: No certificate for team ‘xxxxxxxxxx’ matching ‘Apple Push Services: com.best.test’ found: Select a different signing certificate for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY, a team that matches your selected certificate, or switch to automatic provisioning. (in target ‘ReactTemplate’ from project ‘ReactTemplate’)

In your config.xml, change line 5 to read:

<icon src="/resources/android/icon/drawable-ldpi-icon.png" />

(The React sample was incorrect - it has been fixed.)

Your certificates are not set up properly. Where do they come from?

Note that while Niranjan posted here, he is also coming from AppStudio, in case that helps in guiding him simply.

AppStudio doesn’t make a difference here. The XCode part of the build process is complaining that the certificates supplied don’t make sense to it.

I’m trying to create new certificates but didn’t work.

UserError: error: No certificate for team ‘QSP2WT6E32’ matching ‘Apple Push Services: com.entandellargyipad.ENTA’ found: Select a different signing certificate for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY, a team that matches your selected certificate, or switch to automatic provisioning. (in target ‘ReactTemplate’ from project ‘ReactTemplate’)

How are you generating the new certificates?

Tip : If you’re pasting code, html or config files, surround the code with triple back ticks (```), before the first line and after the last one. It will be formatted properly.

Important! You need to cancel your existing certificates and generate new certificates right away: you just published your passwords to the net.

So, back to my previous question: how are you generating your certificates? (not what are they)

Please see the url:

Ans: This is .p12 password…it’s not any important password.

Yes, VoltSigner will make the proper certificates. On Apple’s Create New Certificate page, are you selecting just iOS App Development?

I’m guessing you probably want to build for development at this point. You’ll also want to change ‘release’ to ‘debug’ in VoltBuilder.json. Save the ‘release’ build until you’re ready to upload to the iTunes store.

Ans: I have created and provided both development & Distribution certificates.

What error message are you getting now? It’s important to include this information if you want a useful answer.

Here’s a document everyone should read once a year (I do!). How to ask questions the smart way