Android Build error: File not found

Trying to convert app from PGB to VoltBuilder.
If i try to build for Android i get error:
ServerError: File not found: /Users/voltbuilder/Code/VoltBuilder/upload/fb670660-8ad8-4d5c-9adb-8e79112450cb/platforms/android/app/build/outputs/apk/debug/app-debug.apk

What’s wrong?

Looks like a problem with a plugin. You’ve reported it looks like it could be cordova-background-geolocation-lt.

Let us know what it turns out to be, or if you have more questions!

I tracked this error to this config in config.xml, without it app builds:

<platform name="android">
    <config-file parent="/manifest/application" target="app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml">
      <meta-data
        android:name="com.transistorsoft.locationmanager.license_key"
        android:value="OUR_PLUGIN_LICENSE_KEY" />
    </config-file>
  </platform>

What’s wrong with this config?
At Phonegap Build it worked with this.

Plugin installed with these instructions:

The actual message is this:

TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The “path” argument must be of type string. Received undefined

Cordova does not trap this error properly: we are updating VoltBuilder to trap it. That won’t cure the error: we will look at this more today.

I spent a bunch of time looking at this. One of the things I did was start with a minimal project. If I added

<plugin name="cordova-background-geolocation-lt" source="npm" version="3.2.2" >
  <!-- Android kaatui ilmoituksen tullessa, api version laittaminen auttoi -->
  <variable name="GOOGLE_API_VERSION" value="16.0.0" />
</plugin>  

I get the same error. But if I do this, it builds fine:

<plugin name="cordova-background-geolocation-lt" source="npm" version="3.2.2" />

At this point, I don’t think this is a VoltBuilder issue. A lot of libraries from Google and Cordova have changed since the PhoneGap days (they were badly out of date.) You might check with the developer of the plugin to see if they have suggestions.

Problem solved.
This was caused by edit-config that had attribute “platform” on config.xml.